Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Christmas Fabric

It's a start!

Most of my Christmas fabric stash is at my mom's but I had itchy fingers today and paid a trip to one of my local quilting stores to supplement the small stash I had at home...

I'll be honest -- I'm going back and forth on whether I like the fabrics. I love a scrappy look, but this is the first time I've ever done a Christmas block so I feel a little unsure about mixing fabrics from various lines and different Christmas patterns. Maybe I'm too conservative for my own good.

So, I'm going to do a little experiment and see how all the reds and greens work with the candy cane focal fabric. I'm visiting my mom this week, so if I hate the look, I know I have a lot more Christmas fabric I can add to new blocks.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment